Monday, June 13, 2011

Susan Tolivar -- The 513 Challenge

Hello Everyone!

I am excited to be taking EdTech 513.  I have been looking forward to this course.  

I am a mom, but my two children are all grown up (at least physically).  I love spending time with them when they visit.  My cat, Calvin, keeps me company all the other times.  I have been teaching for over 14 years, and will be finishing my M.E.T. program next Spring.  I am, what we call in Virginia, an ITRT (Instructional Technology Resource Teacher), which means that I train and coach teachers on the integration of technology into their instruction, as well as provide them with resources.  

Originally from New Orleans, I've lived in Virginia for five years.  I will be moving to northern Virginia from the southeastern part of the Commonwealth in just a few weeks.  Right now, my hobbies include packing, more packing, driving more than two and a half hours to look for a place to live (in my spare time), finishing out my present contract, and more packing.

My biggest hurdle this semester will be figuring out how I am going to complete my assignments for the next few weeks without Internet access.  Tomorrow I am turning in my work phone which gives me Internet access, and there is no place within miles of my house that has high-speed access.  

I do not know what I will be producing, but it should be very interesting for me!  I will have to take a short trip just to do coursework.  I suppose it will turn out all right; at least I hope so.

Good luck to all, and I look forward to learning with you!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,
    Wow! It sounds like you are extremely busy! I don't envy you with all the packing. I'm sure you will be very happy when it is all completed. :)

    Do you have a library or coffee shop nearby that might have Internet access?

    Glad to have you in the class,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete