Sunday, June 12, 2011

Initial Class Posting

Hi, my name is Chris Schinzel.  I am a graduate student at Boise State University.  I am seeking my Master's in Special Education and hope to teach middle school or high school someday in an extended resource room.  I am currently teaching summer school at an elementary school in Boise and working full-time as a volunteer staff at the Boys & Girls Club of Boise.  I really enjoy working at a Title One school and volunteering at the Boys & Girls Club.  I like working with youth that are not as privileged as most.  I am hoping that this class, in addition to fulfilling my elective credits, will teach me to better incorporate technology in my teaching and give me more experience to use it for my leisure time as well.  I enjoy backpacking, volleyball, exercising, and the outdoors.  I am excited to see what the semester will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    It sounds like you will be having a very busy summer!

    I think you will enjoy this class and will be able to come up with many projects that will help you in your special education courses.

    Glad to have you on board,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris, it's nice to meet you. You have a lot going on this summer.

    So do I as I try to finish packing, moving, and starting a job in a new school division.

    I think the course will be a very interesting one. I look forward to learning with you.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete