Sunday, June 12, 2011

Crazy, Hazy, Days of Summer School 2011

I live in Riggins, Idaho - a remote town at the confluence of the main and little Salmon Rivers which lies on US highway 95 just north of the 45th parallel. I teach grades 7-12 whatever subjects the district needs in a given year. Most subjects range from math to computers to graphics to economics. I also perform grant writing, IT, and Powerschool Administrator duties, so I'm used to multiple roles.
My husband and I are advanced EMTs and licensed foster parents. We became parents for the first time three years ago and have two lovely daughters age 18 and 14, whom we adopted after having them in our home as foster children for two years.
I love what I do, and I love where I live. The exciting thing about online education is that it can be taught from ANYWHERE! We live in amazing times and I consider it an honor to be able to take this class.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stef,
    Yes we do live in amazing times. I love online education! I am getting ready to fly to California in a couple of hours and will be taking my work with me. I love that!

    I think it is great that you have adopted your two daughters. I am adopted and have always felt grateful for the adoption process.

    Glad to have you in the class,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete