Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Albrecht: Intro

I have been teaching English (mostly grade 11) since 1997, but I made my first foray into educational technology back in 1995, when I worked as an editor for an educational software publisher. It was then that I was introduced to multimedia, but I have never worked hard to integrate multimedia into all of my instruction and learning materials.

I am looking forward to discovering resources, building skills, and understanding the why, the when, and the how of integrating multimedia to enhance instruction and student learning.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Steven,
    I think you will enjoy using multimedia in your instruction. This class will give you a good opportunity to develop some resources that you can use in your classes.

    Glad to have you in the course,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Steven! We meet again. You came into multimedia on the ground level back in the mid-nineties. I wasn't too far behind you. You will have a very unique perspective on this course coming from the side of educational software publishing. That's something I wish I could try someday. I am very interested in Game Based Learning and what the realm of gaming in general can teach us about learning.

    Anna-Marie Robertson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve,

    Welcome to the class! You seem to have a diverse background in education and technology. Hopefully you will learn need tips and skills that you can use to enhance your classes. I look forward to learning from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steven!

    Its great to "see" you in class again! I teach AP world history and co-lab world studies (combined class with general ed and special ed students) to 10th graders in central Iowa. I'm lucky that my district has put a lot of resources into technology development (we all even have our own Moodle course pages!!!) so there is a lo of support for using new technology to enhance the classroom experiences for students.

    Thanks!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete