Wednesday, June 8, 2011

EDTECH 513: Intro

I enrolled in this course to learn about the different ways that I can apply technology to learning. As an IT major with 14 years in the computer field I love technology and I love challenging myself. I don't really have experience in teaching but my goal is to become director of an online program for a College or University. I have a new job as a Senior Peoplesoft Consultant and PeopleSoft is a very popular product in the HigherED arena. I'm hoping to use what I've learned during my time at Boise to work my way into the HigherED group to further enhance my skills. What I lack in experience I make up for with effort. Dr. Hall is wonderful and I'm fortunate to have a third class with her. I look forward to learning as much as I can.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Derrick,
    I am so happy to have you in another class! With your IT background, I think you will really enjoy this class. It sounds like you are on very good career path!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Derrick:

    You have a very interesting background. My district lacks an IT director or coordinator, so I'm wishing we had someone like you around. I'm looking forward to working with you this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steve,

    I look forward to being able to work with you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Derrick,

    I am looking forward to learning from you. Its sounds like we should get along good and hopefully be able to exchange a few trade secrets or something.

    ReplyDelete