Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Whole Note

The 'Whole Note' podcast a guide to everything creative and musical in my music classroom. I intend to use it to distribute general concept guides, learning aids, and lessons. This edition focuses on the creative process and how one should go about composing music. Since I intend this podcast for actual use in my classroom I didn't worry about time so it runs about 17 minutes long. However, I've gone to great lengths to ensure that the pace of the podcast is engaging with the addition of music, sound effects, and lively narration.

This podcast may confirm to my students that I am indeed a dork but I think they'll find it entertaining and educational never-the-less.

Future topics of the 'Whole Note' might include 'How to Practice' and 'How to reflect on your work.' I've often found that students have difficulties with these topics so any help I'm trying to offer as much help as possible.

To create this podcast I used Garageband to create this podcast rather than Audacity due to the complexity of the editing and the intuitiveness and greater control offered by Garageband's user interface. I also created a podcast site on my 513 homepage and supplied a subscription link there that I've confirmed works with iTunes. You can see my podcast site in its natural environment by clicking HERE

I hope you enjoy the podcast. I had a great time making it.

I will include a further embed on this Blogger site as well because of the assignment requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment