Sunday, July 17, 2011

Changing of the Guard

I had trouble coming up with a topic so I decided to do one on what I know - the Air National Guard. Since September 11, 2001, the mission of the "Guard" had dramatically changed. Specifically, the Air National Guard was always considered America's great flying club. As budgets tightened and resources were re-allocated, the Air Guard began to take on a more prominent role in the nation's defense. When September 11th happened, the Air National Guard found itself at a sort of crossroads - either play an even bigger part in national defense or be relegated to nothing more than a source for personnel and equipment when wars or natural disasters occurred.

My podcast is an introduction for Air National Guard members, specifically members of my airlift wing, to access and get the latest news regarding our unit. Many times members aren't either given or privy to information about our unit and this is a way for them to find out what exactly is going on.

It was difficult for me to find appropriate unlicensed music for my podcast but I think I finally found something that works. There was a learning curve for me when it came to editing and saving the files correctly but I finally overcame that hurdle. Once I understood the functionality of Audacity, it was a lot of fun manipulating the different tracks and finalizing the quality.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment