Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Heart EdTech

I consider myself a bona fide lover of technology, and I know I share this love with many others. This is why I created the “I Heart EdTech” Podcast series. I thought about this topic a lot while I was attending the ISTE conference at the end of last month. My goal was to create a show that would appeal to educators, educational technologists or just about anyone who had a love for technology. It could even be used for the people in my organization which is a franchise-based education company.

I would produce the podcast on a weekly basis for my audience. I have even created an email address for corresponding with listeners. The topics will include EdTech news, various tools and ideas for instruction and professional development learning events. In this episode, I share some responses given by teachers, parents and administrators regarding the value of technology in schools. This part was both challenging and interesting. First of all, time management is key because you must work with the schedules of others when you need several people to sit down and record with you. Also, everyone had so much more to say about the issue, therefore, you have to edit quite a bit to stay within a reasonable time and more importantly get the best content. Nonetheless, I am very grateful to the people who participated.

I really liked using Audacity for this project. Incorporating the sound clips and music was easy and gave the podcast character. I tried not to break any of the Multimedia Theory principles, which was not too hard since there were no visuals to go along with my podcast. However, this series would be great as a video podcast because it’s beneficial to show some of the technology tools in use. I followed the format from point #1 in our project description, so the episode is longer than 10 minutes. If you have a chance to listen, I’d appreciate any feedback that is shared. I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Great podcast! It's very easy to understand, clear, and on target with the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Derrick. I got a kick out of "producing" my first podcast. I'm hoping to try the next episode as a video podcast.

    ReplyDelete