Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Infinite Word Podcast - Kristin Ewing

The Infinite Word
Episode 1: http://edtech2.boisestate.edu/kristinewing/audio/TheInfiniteWord-Episode_1.mp3
(updated 7/9/11)

My podcast series is called The Infinite Word - Sharing ways to expand your wordly wisdom. It's designed for students in approximately grades 3-6 and covers words, language, writing and authors.

During each podcast I plan to cover:
  • Word of the day--its definition and context
  • Quotes from famous and not so famous authors
  • Author bios and books
  • Writing tips
  • Writing/Word game websites
For this podcast I focused on the word(s) infinite/infinitely/infinity, the author C.S. Lewis, and the writing tip of using a journal to record ideas. I also recommended a website for story tips called http://www.coreygreen.com/ and a website with word games called http://www.storyit.com/.

I updated the podcast on 7/9/11, adding an intro, outro and transition sounds between each section of the podcast. This extended the time to a little over 8 minutes.

Enjoy!
Kristin Ewing


2 comments:

  1. I like that you did a podcast for grades 3-6. Do you plan to use podcasts in your classroom? What are some ways to use them for younger students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,
    As an online teacher, I plan to create these and post them as weekly sessions for my students. one of the ways I could use the podcasts with younger students might be to pick an author, read a story aloud and ask questions for students to answer, or inspire them to draw a picture or write their own stories based on the one I read. I could also offer them a word challenge, asking them to use the word in their speaking and writing. I am very excited to learn the steps for podcasting and use them in my class/school.

    ReplyDelete